Ms. Nimmer's Class
A Separate Peace and the Five American Wars of the 20th Century
Community Veterans Memorial Park
- Visit a war memorial park and complete four projects related to it.
- Study the five wars of the 20th century and write creatively and analytically about connected themes and figures.
- Learn basic information about the five wars of the 20th Century: facts, locations, dates, personal experiences of soldiers, key figures in those wars..
- Learn how to:
- Do a research paper with proper MLA citation.
- Write a fictional narrative.
- Create a time line poster.
- Present a performance/creative assignment that could be Power Point, video, eulogy, ...
Time Allowed: Two months following the visit to the memorial park.
If you find links that are either unsuitable or no longer current, please contact the TLC.
This guide last edited 09/19/2006
This guide last revised 09/14/2006
This guide created 09/14/2006 on request from Kathy Nimmer, Harrison High School, Tippecanoe School Corporation, IN