The ACCESS INDIANA Teaching & Learning Center
Lesson Plans Archive
AUTHOR: Sherri Ward
SCHOOL: Moorhead Elementary School
DISTRICT: MSD Warren Township
RESOURCES and MATERIALS:
- Read about dinosaurs and discuss their size.
- Show students what a dinosaur foot might look like.
- Students will trace their own feet onto graphing paper.
- Estimate how many dinosaur feet it would take to equal the length of a table. How many of their own feet?
- Compare their estimates with the actual measurements.
- Students will write in and illustrate their math journals.
- Compare estimations with actual measurements.
- Observe who is having difficulty, and who needs assistance.
- Use dinosaur feet to measure other things.
TLC Front Page
If you find links that are either unsuitable or no longer current, please contact the TLC.